Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

I've been accepted. Arts of the Terrace


I feel lucky, I just started painting again in the last two years and am trying to get my skills back. I created a painting titles "Flying home" and submitted in to the 34 annual Arts of the Terrace show and was chosen by jury to have this painting shown September 29 through October 7. It would be great to see all of you in the northwest come to the event and show your support for the arts. 

This painting was done in acrylic on Masonite, it started with stone ground base and water color style technique. It was then built up using layers of gel and paint, vertical brush strokes were left to give an almost wood grain look. I wanted to combine modern technique with the look of old beach art; yup it is a summer painting! 

1 comment: